« Back to All Job Openings
Director of Business Development
Sequoia is actively seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial-focused business leader specializing in government contracting with extensive experience in leading business development, supporting capture management, building client relationships and delivering robust pipeline growth.
Education & Minimum Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience (5+ years experience working in the U.S. Intelligence Community)
- B.S. in Engineering or related field
- M.S. or M.B.A
As the Director of Business Development, this person is responsible for all sales and business development efforts and will play a major role in the Sequoia executive management team. Primary responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead and oversee all corporate development activities, including business development, capture management, proposal development and pipeline growth.
- Build vision/expertise to identifying strategic growth areas and developing implementation roadmaps to penetrate new markets and customers.
- Foster strategic growth through strategic positioning, opportunity pipeline/business development, customer relations, personnel management and professional development to build sales growth performance and improved win rates.
- Participate in strategic planning, opportunity gate reviews and associated reporting, monitoring significant events within the opportunity pipeline/industry/competitors/partners, establishing, and institutionalizing the business acquisition process
- Assist with Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) activities
All candidates must be US Citizens and may be required to obtain and/or maintain an active TS/SCI Security Clearance
Washington DC Metro Area (Northern Virginia and Maryland)